Monday, September 14, 2009

My life...abridged


I swore I would never have a blog, but I decided to start one to share my adventures. Especially with my dog, Marley. For those of you who don't know, Marley is my two year old white pekingese. He is a small dog with a big personality, and honestly, he is my best friend. Marley is practically human. He sleeps with me in my bed, he sits at the table with me while I'm eating dinner, he goes "bye-bye" in the car as much as possible, and he even goes to doggy day care. This dog is so freakin spoiled that he has to have filtered water and organic dog food. But Marley isn't just a dog. Marley is my best friend. He never talks back to me, he listens to everything I have to tell him, and he loves me unconditionally. Isn't that what a friend should be? You guys probably think I'm a big dork, and I'll admit it, I am. Marley was named after the book "Marley and Me." I listened to the book on tape on my long drive home one time, and bawled for a good 45 minutes. He whole gist of the book is that Marley was the worst good dog. He had his moments, but in the end, he was someone's best friend. I will tell you, this sums up Marley to a "T." I can be holding him in my arms like a baby one minute, and as soon as I try to text or make a phone call, he's biting my hand and growling. He's an attention monster that's for sure. He always makes sure and has accidents in the house right where I'm gonna step. He always barks at anyone that comes to the door or anyone he sees out the window. But even though he has his flaws, I couldn't imagine what my life would be like without him. He knows when I'm sad or sick or just need someone to talk to. Yes, don't judge, I talk to my dog. He warms up my feet when I'm cold, and he will lay on my chest for hours. We are a partnership, Marley and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment