Sunday, September 27, 2009

Marley vs. Fayetteville Police Department


On Thursday, Marley and I decided to go to Sonic for a yummy Diet Dr. Pepper with vanilla. Every year Fayetteville holds the second largest biker rally in the nation. It's called Bikes, Blues, and BBQ. We call it BBB, and it started last Wednesday. There were over 400,000 people in Fayetteville, which was a disaster in itself, but Sonic is right around the corner from my apartment. The only thing separating me and Marley from our tasty Sonic drink was the main area for BBB. I decided that on the way to Sonic, we should check it out. Huge 60 year old ladies in sequin tube tobs and leather chaps always seem to interest me. As I was driving past this lovely scene, I get stopped by a traffic cop. I pass by him when he signals me to go, but as I get to the next traffic cop, he signals me to stop and lets other people around me. I was confused, so I rolled down my window. He starts walking up to my car and says, "Oh, I'm sorry ma'am, we thought you were holding a baby in your lap." I replied, "Well, he is my baby, but we're not in the same species." He then gets on his walkie talkie and says, "It was not a baby, it was a dog." I think the cop felt stupid for stopping me. I really don't see how Marley could look like a baby, I mean he's white and fluffy and he looks like a dog. Way to go Fayetteville P.D. I'm sure there were way more important things to control with 400,000 bikers there than with me holding my dog in my lap on the way to Sonic.

No comments:

Post a Comment